Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On the day you were born - Noah and Elleanna

Since its been a while since I've blogged, I wanted to do a little bit of catch up.

Being pregnant with twins was amazing but super uncomfortable (to say the least). It still amazes me looking back at pictures that I really was that big. No wonder strangers looked at me they way they did! I was massive! All in all, I was really lucky though. No real complications or issues the whole pregnancy.

Right before checking in at the hospital for the c-section.

Checking in! In a few short hours we would meet our babies.

Because Elleanna was breach and my Doc wouldn't deliver her that way, we had a scheduled c-section at exactly 37 weeks. Everything was surreal that day - We couldn't believe that we would be meeting these two babies that we had longed for for so long. The c-section went along without a hitch. After they administered the spinal, it was the most comfortable I had felt in MONTHS! I was enjoying being pain free for about 10 minutes when our whole world changed.

Noah Redford and Elleanna Therese were born two minutes apart! The best sound in the world was hearing their little cries as my doctor pulled them out.


Holding both together for the first time.



They were both big for being twins and only 37 weeks. Noah was 7.10 and Elleanna was 6.11. I can't imagine how big they (or I) would have been if I went any longer. They were perfect with no NICU time. After they were checked out and given baths, they stayed with us in our room the rest of our stay.

Noah
Elleanna



Looking back at our hospital experience it doesn't seem like we were there for 4 days. It was all a wonderful, happy, joyful blur. We were so happy to be able to go home and start life as a new family of 4.

Daddy and Elleanna
I still can't believe that they are ours! We are so lucky to be able to be their parents.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post so much!!! Love those little babies of yours. -emily timothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Congratulations to you both, again, Amanda. They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you and your beautiful family. Love those little ones <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you are awesome! I know everyone talks about how c-sections aren't ideal etc but seriously, c-section babies have the nice round head and look more serene from their easier exit, lol. I love that last picture of them too. Beautiful little miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely babies and parents....so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete